OBX Storm Board Meeting Minutes
February 12, 2018
- Jordan Kermoade interview with the board. Offered the role of roaming technical coach for the club (academy and travel) and tournament director.
- Daryl Davies coaching request – DOC and Academy Director to meet with Daryl to present the board’s requirement that the training environment for the U9 Boys not be concerned with accolades but instead focused on fun as stated in the academy philosophy. If these conditions are agreed upon then Daryl will be offered the head coach position.
- Tournament subcommittee formed: Steve Smalley, John Voight, Shawn Deane, Cathy Baldwin, Eliot Jones, Jordan Kermoade
- Mia Albright’s request to join the 04 boys team. Presently the team is full however the option to be an associate is available.
- Martin May (former OBX Storm coach) will receive a $500 club donation to help his family with his stage 4 cancer. A Facebook post will offer the link to GoFundMe page.
- NCYSA Abuse Prevention Training - a letter will be sent to NCYSA requesting the option to participate in a webinar in lieu of mandatory meeting on 3/18/17 in Greensboro, NC. If webinar is not possible request an alternate date beyond 3/18/17 to give the club time to identify an Abuse Prevention Liaison to go to the meeting.
- Club communication to go out requesting volunteers for open board positions (i.e. Assistant Treasurer)
- Gift certificates will be given to Erin Groat & Barrett Crook for their years of service on the OBX Storm Board.
- Nags Head Soccer Complex sign update - Cathy Baldwin
- Fall 2018 academy uniforms presented to board for approval
I never lose..I either win or learn.