The Outer Banks Storm, Inc. (OBX Storm) exists to:
• Foster the development of self-esteem, self-worth, and soccer skills of youth in Dare County;
• Remove barriers for playing so every child may have an opportunity to play;
• Give opportunities for higher levels of play through challenge soccer teams;
• Promote the many social, mental and physical benefits of youth soccer;
• Encourage older, and more skilled players to invest time and talent with those at the beginning of their soccer experience;
• Recruit and train individuals for coaching development;
• Encourage parent and community involvement along with a fuller understanding and appreciation for the sport;
• Collaborate with Dare County Parks and Recreation Department and other organizations interested in fostering youth soccer development;
• Encourage soccer field development; and,
• Give opportunities for people, businesses, and foundations to support the vision of the OBX Storm.
Adopted “Unanimously” by the OBX Storm Board of Directors October 13, 2002
Revised Nov. 2011, Dec. 2012, March 2015 & Jan. 2017
The name of this organization is the Outer Banks Storm, Inc. (OBX Storm)
II. Purpose and Responsibilities
The purposes for which the corporation is organized are:
A. To foster the physical, mental, and emotional growth of amateur youth in the County of Dare, regardless of race, gender, religion, color, ethnic heritage, or ability, through the sport of soccer at all levels of age and competition by establishing programs and activities that focus on soccer among amateur youth with the meaning of Section 501 (c) (3) and 501 (j) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, or the corresponding provisions of any future United States Internal Revenue laws.
B. The OBX Storm has been established as a non-profit corporation, and federal tax-exempt status.
Through programs and activities, it shall be the responsibility of the OBX Storm to:
A. Promote wholesome community spirit and friendship among all people and especially among amateur youth.
B. Educate children and adults in the playing, coaching, refereeing, teaching and administering of the game of soccer.
C. Establish goals for youth soccer activities and encourage and promote the attainment of those goals.
D. Act as a coordinating body for youth soccer in the Dare County area and to administer the soccer programs and activities of the OBX Storm.
E. Exercise jurisdiction over the members, including but not restricted to, teams, as well as, associated individuals, such as players, coaches, referees, and administrators.
F. Develop the game of amateur youth soccer in non- affiliated areas within the state of North Carolina.
G. Promotes programs for membership. H. Promote, administer and conduct soccer competition at all levels of amateur youth soccer.
I. Provide for the swift and fare resolution of conflicts and disputes involving members of the OBX Storm.
J. Encourage and develop technical information on physical training, equipment, coaching, performance and safety, as these pertain to amateur soccer, and disseminate this information to the members of the OBX Storm.
The OBX Storm shall be affiliated as an affiliated member with the North Carolina Youth Soccer Association (NCYSA), through the NCYSA affiliation, the United States Youth Soccer Association (USYSA) and the United States Soccer Federation (USSF). OBX Storm will comply with the Bylaws of NCYSA to the extent permissible under the applicable statues of the State of North Carolina.
Affiliation with NCYSA, USYSA, USSF not withstanding, the OBX Storm:
A. shall remain affiliated only if it is a voting member with full privileges;
B. shall remain affiliated only under the condition that it retains complete control over the revenue that it generates and over management of its expenditures and budget; and,
C. shall remain affiliated only if it retains the right, entirely on the basis of its own decision, to withdraw its membership in NCYSA, USYSA, and USSF at the end of any fiscal or membership year.
The governing authority of the OBX Storm shall be vested with the OBX Storm Board of Directors, and it shall have as its members not fewer than 4 and not more than 10.
The OBX Storm Board of Directors shall be governed by the OBX Storm Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Rules and other operating guidelines, except when these are in conflict with applicable statutes of the State of North Carolina and where these are not superseded by those of the NCYSA, USYSA, and USSF. Its duties shall be to act on all matters of the OBX Storm.
The OBX Storm Board of Directors shall have the following authority:
A. Determination and acceptance (approval, and suspension or expulsion) of membership in the OBX Storm.
B. Establishment, approval, and management of the OBX Storm annual budget and supplementary budget items.
C. Proposal and approval of changes of amendments to the OBX Storm’s Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Rules, and other operating guidelines.
D. Establishment of all OBX Storm fees.
E. Removal of OBX Storm Directors due to detrimental action or neglect of accepted duties and responsibilities.
F. Filling vacancies of Board positions.
G. Enforcement of the Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Rules and other operating guidelines of the OBX Storm, NCYSA, and those of FIFA, USSF, and USYSA.
H. Providing for the timely resolution of conflicts, disputes and controversies among OBX Storm members.
I. Sanctioning of all tournaments within Dare County.
J. Establishment and administration of Recreation and Challenge playing levels as set forth under the NCYSA Bylaw 301 Section 3 (q) 1,2, and 3.
V. Meetings of the OBX Storm Board of Directors
There shall be two (2) types of meetings of the OBX Storm Board of Directors;
1. Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2. Regular or special meetings
Annual General Meetings: There shall be an AGM of the OBX Storm Board of Directors during each seasonal year. The primary purpose of general meetings are for electing members to the Board of Directors, adopting amendments to the Bylaws, establishing fees, and other business as necessary. The President will send out written notification 30 days prior to the AGM to notify the members of the meeting time and place. Additional General Meetings can be called for club business with a 30 day notice.
In addition to the AGM, the OBX Storm President shall call at least three regular meetings of the OBX Storm Board of Directors and shall call special meetings of the OBX Storm Board of Directors as needed to conduct the business of the OBX Storm. These meetings are mandatory and not subject to wavier. A quorum at all meetings will consist of 75% of all Board members.
Each Director/Board member shall have one vote at all AGM and OBX Storm meetings. In the event of a tie, the OBX Storm President shall make the final determination.
Minutes of the meeting shall be recorded, published and distributed to all Board members and any member desiring a copy no less that 30 days after the meeting.
Regular or Special Meetings: Notification will be in writing by the OBX Storm Secretary to all Board members no less than 7 days prior to the OBX Storm Board of Directors meeting date.
Minutes of the meeting shall be recorded, published and distributed to all Board members and any member desiring a copy no less that 30 days after the meeting.
The OBX Storm Board of Directors and/ or any general member of the OBX Storm may propose amendments to the Bylaws.
Adoption of proposed amendments to the OBX Storm Bylaws can only be effected at the AGM.
Proposed amendments must be made in writing of the OBX Storm Secretary at least 60 days prior to the AGM at which they are to be acted upon.
The OBX Storm Board of Directors shall be notified of these amendments at least 30 days prior to the AGM.
Amendment shall be deemed adopted by an affirmative vote of 2/3 of the OBX Storm Board of Directors at the AGM.
VII. Parliamentary Authority
All meetings of the OBX Storm Board of Director shall be conducted in accordance with the latest authorized edition of the Robert’s Rules of Order as published by Perseus Books.
Eligibility: Membership in the OBX Storm shall be open to any person and organization who support the purpose of the OBX Storm regardless of race, gender, religion, color, national origin or ability, provided that such person is not barred from participation by the OBX Storm, the NCYSA, the USYSA, or the USSF; and as a member, shall enjoy all rights and privileges as set forth in the OBX Storm Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Rules and other operating guidelines.
Membership shall consist of:
1. individual players, parents/guardians, coaches, referees, administrators, and officials who are affiliated with the OBX Storm.
2. duly elected or appointed Directors of the OBX Storm.
Voting Rights: Each member of the OBX Storm Soccer Club shall have one vote each at the AGM with regards to the election of Board members and proposed amendments to the OBX Storm Bylaws.
IX. Board of Directors and Committees
The Board of Directors of the OBX Storm shall be a President, a Vice President, a Secretary, a Treasurer, a Coaches Director, a Public Relations Director, a Fund Development Director, a Registrar (AGM adopted Jan 2017) and a Recreation Director.
A. Election of Directors
All members of the OBX Storm may nominate a candidate for any Director position at the AGM.
Directors for the OBX Storm, shall only be elected by the members present at the OBX Storm AGM, by a simple majority vote.
The following Directors shall be elected in odd calendar years and shall serve for a period of two (2) successive years, with an opportunity for reelection:
President Secretary Coaches Director Public Relations Director
The following Directors shall be elected in even calendar years and shall serve for a period of two (2) successive years, with an opportunity for reelection:
Vice President Treasurer Fund Development Director Recreation Director
1. President - in the event that President becomes unable to fulfill their duties or resigns, the Vice President shall succeed to the Presidency. If the Vice President is unable to fulfill their duties or resigns, the Treasurer shall become the acting President, and a meeting of the OBX Storm Board of Directors shall be called to fill the position(s) left open by the succession.
2. Other Vacancies – it shall be the responsibility of the President to appoint interim Directors subject to the approval of the OBX Storm Board of Directors.
C. Duties of Directors
The President shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the OBX Storm and shall have the following duties:
1. Preside at all meetings of the OBX Storm Board of Directors.
2. Oversea all activities of the OBX Storm.
3. Be the representative and voting delegate of the OBX Storm to the NCYSA, the USSF, and the USYSA, which duty may be delegated subject to the approval of the OBX Storm Board of Directors.
4. Be the general representative of the OBX Storm in all matters.
5. Appoint, subject to the approval of the OBX Storm Board of Directors, all standing, special, or select committees and chairs therefore, as the needs of the OBX Storm my indicate.
6. Sign orders on the treasury
7. Serve as an ex officio of all OBX Storm committees.
The Vice President shall assist the President in all business of the OBX Storm, becoming the acting President in the absence of the President. In addition, the Vice President shall have the following duties:
1. Oversight of the OBX Storm internal operations and the OBX Storm Registrars.
2. Assist other committees as needed.
3. Sign orders on the treasury.
The Secretary shall have the following duties:
1. Attend all meeting of the OBX Storm Board of Directors.
2. Maintain a role of all individuals at the meetings.
3. Record and publish all minutes of meetings as set forth in the OBX Storm Bylaws.
4. Ensure proper notice of all OBX Storm Board of Directors meetings are duly given to all members as set forth in the OBX Storm Bylaws.
5. Provide an agenda to all members, for all meetings of the OBX Storm Board of Directors.
6. Compile and publish the OBX Storm Directory and Annual Report to be delivered to all members at the AGM.
7. Sign orders on the treasury.
The Treasurer shall have the following duties:
1. Manage the keeping of full and accurate accounts of receipts and disbursements of the OBX Storm.
2. Manage the disbursements for items that are contained in the OBX Storm budget.
3. Deposit all monies of the OBX Storm in a chartered bank in the name of the OBX Storm.
4. Provide properly authorized disbursements of OBX Storm budgeted funds and signed orders on the treasury.
5. Provide a complete and detailed, written report, showing all OBX Storm financial activities.
6. Preparation, with the assistance of the OBX Storm Board of Directors, on the proposed budget for the next fiscal year.
7. As directed by the Board of Directors, submit an audited financial statement for the prior fiscal year 30 days in advance of the AGM.
8. As directed by the Board of Directors, manage the coordination of the preparation of information needed by the certified public accountant in preparing the annual audited financial statement.
The Coaching Director shall have the following duties:
1. Administer and oversee all matters of the OBX Storm with regard to the development of the coaching of the game of soccer in the County of Dare as it pertains to Recreation and Challenge soccer.
2. Administer the selection of coaches for teams.
3. Develop criteria for coaches.
4. Conduct clinics for coach.
5. Develop a lending library and resource list for coaches.
6. Assist in developing the budget for the next fiscal year.
The Recreation Director shall have the following duties:
1. Administer and oversee all matters of the OBX Storm with regard to the playing of the game of soccer in the County of Dare, as it pertains to recreation soccer.
2. Be responsible for the Rules and other operating guidelines pertaining to recreation soccer, as published in the Rules and Regulations guidelines, and provided for the publication and dissemination of these documents to all members of the OBX Storm.
3. Represent the OBX Storm in all matters pertaining to recreation soccer.
4. Assist in developing the budget for the next fiscal year.
The Public Relations Director shall have the following duties:
1. Oversee all public relations activities for the OBX Storm.
2. As directed by the OBX Storm Board of Directors, release information pertaining to the NCYSA/OBX Storm to any and all appropriate media.
3. In coordination with appropriate directors, publicize registration/tryouts, and any other information pertaining to club information.
4. Submit a plan to the OBX Storm Board of Directors for the marketing of the program.
5. Assist in developing the budget for the next fiscal year.
The Fund Development Director shall have the following duties:
1. Administer and oversee all matters of the OBX Storm with regard to fundraising.
2. Coordinate, with appropriate individuals, fund raising events.
3. Notify the Public Relations Director of information pertaining to fundraising events.
4. Submit a yearly fundraising plan/goal to the OBX Storm Board of Directors.
5. Assist in developing the budget for the next fiscal year.
The Registrar shall have the following duties:
1. Responsible for player registration.
2. Works closely with team managers to ensure that each team has all of the necessary paperwork and fees completed in compliance with club and league policies.
3. Assist with questions about payments, club (and NCYSA) policy. (Registrar duties adopted AGM Jan. 2017)
X. Records and Reports
Copies of the minutes of all meetings shall be kept at a location determined by the Secretary and at the home of the President of the OBX Storm Board of Directors.
Copies of all financial records shall be kept at the residence of the Treasurer and the President of the OBX Storm Board of Directors.
The Vice President and two members of the OBX Storm Board of Directors shall internally audit the financial records and accounts maintained by the OBX Storm Treasurer/and or accounts of the OBX Storm after the conclusion of each fiscal year.
XI. Checks and Draft Operations
All OBX Storm checks must be signed by two of the following members of the OBX Storm Board of Directors:
President Vice President Treasurer Secretary
Records of all receipts and disbursements must be made available to the Treasurer, and approved by the OBX Storm Board of Directors.
XII. Current Fiscal Year Report
A current fiscal year statement of income and disbursement shall be included in the annual report.
XIII. Objectives, Coaches, & Budget
A. Basic OBX Storm Objectives
1. Have fun, learn and exhibit good sportsmanship.
2. Learn and improve soccer techniques and skills.
3. Improve basic athletic ability.
4. Participate in differing levels of competition, with the opportunity to advance to higher levels.
B. Objectives of the OBX Storm
1. Provide the opportunity for all eligible youth to participate in differing levels of competitive play.
2. Provide the proper atmosphere for good sportsmanship; provide appropriate action for those who do not conform to the tenets of good sportsmanship.
3. Provide progressive improvement of the basic athletic abilities of players.
4. Improve the basic coaching techniques and skills of volunteer coaches and interested parents.
5. Provide an administrative staff of volunteers to administer the OBX Storm objectives of the soccer program.
6. Provide a program for players with the opportunity to play on or against teams of similar characteristics.
7. Field teams of the highest possible quality from available youth and volunteer coaches.
8. Each OBX Storm Soccer player shall be registered with the NCYSA.
Objectives by Age Groups
A. Age Group 8-12 Years Old (U-9 to U-12)
1. Players successful completing this stage of development will be capable of performing basic soccer skills under limited pressure. The coaching emphasis will be on individual skill development and technical training.
2. Stress the development of players’ individual ability in a non-pressured environment. Techniques to include: dribbling, juggling, collecting/trapping, passing, shooting, heading, tackling, and first touch.
3. Identify players with a high degree of athletic potential and encourage and enhance their soccer interest by increasing their enjoyment, development and motivation through improved play.
4. Introduce concepts of team play and soccer tactics that when combined with competent execution of fundamental techniques, will provide a solid basis for players to advance and perform well at the next stage of development.
5. Achieve a thorough understanding and respect for the rules of the game.
B. Age Group 12-14 Years Old (U-13 to U-15)
1. Players completing this stage of development should possess the skills and ability to successfully compete at the high school soccer level.
2. Stress players’ ability to perform basic techniques with a high degree of success under pressure in restricted space and with little time. Improve player’s decision-making ability, focusing on quick decisions under pressure, with emphasis on ball possession.
a. Introduce skills to improve performance at specific locations (e.g.; goalie, defender, midfielder, striker).
b. Increase emphasis on knowledge of soccer principles and understanding of total team tactics.
c. Introduce and encourage individual physical fitness training to improve strength and endurance.
C. Age Group 15-19 Years Old (U-16 to U-19)
a. Players successfully completing this stage of development should be capable of competing at the highest youth level.
b. Emphasize players’ ability to perform all techniques with a very high degree of success under the most stressful game conditions.
c. Stress total team tactics. d. Provide opportunity for competent and interested players at this age group to participate on and against teams of similar characteristics.
Recognize that the need for this level of participation may be oriented more to social reasons or to maintain physical fitness.
e. The Head Coaches for each group are responsible for insuring that the objectives are met within the program’s rules, procedures and practices.
f. Any team sponsored by the OBX Storm is under the authority and control of the OBX Storm Board and not that of an individual person or coach.
The definition of “team” is a group, which includes the coaches, players and parents. With the exception of game and practice decisions, all team matters should be coordinated with the knowledge of the parents.
a. All OBX Storm coaches and assistant coaches will be encouraged to pursue coaching courses and receive an official coaching license.
b. Subject to the availability of funds, OBX Storm Soccer Program will provide/finance the courses for coaches.
a. The OBX Storm Board will maintain a Coaching Director to recruit and select head coaches. Each potential coach and assistant coach will be interviewed, apprised of and agree to, the OBX Storm goals, objectives, policies and rules.
b. Assistant coaches may be recruited and selected by the Head Coach, with the final approval of the OBX Storm Board.
a. Make all decisions on game and practice matters.
b. Have input on financial matters affecting his team and/or a player on his/her team.
c. Insure that all players are given the opportunity to perform during a game. A coach must provide ample opportunities for the players to prove their ability, and receive the minimum playing time as mandated by NCYSA and/or tournament rules.
4. Review Process
a. The coaches’ review process is established to insure that the OBX Storm Soccer Program goals, objectives, policies and rules are being adhered to and that the individual coach is provided as much assistance as he/she requires for his/her team.
b. It is recognized that individual coaching methods may vary widely in accomplishing (a) above; therefore, coaches are to be given wide latitude in administering and coaching their teams consistent with the goals and policies of the OBX Storm.
c. At the end of each soccer season (Fall and Spring) the OBX Storm Director of Coaching will contact each coach within the program to identify problem areas that need correcting.
d. If problems exist, the Coaching Director will work with the coach to formulate solutions. If necessary, the OBX Storm Board will convene a parents’ meeting to ascertain and inform them on the scope of any problem areas; and with the coach, formulate possible solutions.
5. Review and Dismissal of an OBX Storm Coach
a. A majority of the players/parents of a team may request the OBX Storm Board to review a coach and his/her dismissal.
b. Dismissal of a coach is to be regarded as a serious, final alternative to the review and problem solving process within the OBX Storm Soccer Program.
c. A priority of the OBX Storm Soccer Program is first and foremost to be directed to recruiting, selecting and retaining qualified coaches.
d. The OBX Storm Board is empowered to establish and publish a review and discipline procedure for the correction and possible dismissal of the coach.
e. When there is reasonable cause to question if a coach should be corrected or dismissed, the OBX Storm Board will:
- Speak with the coach about the adverse information and resolve the issue if possible.
- If the issue cannot be resolved, additional, systematic information will be gathered. This will vary according to the circumstances, but may include the distribution of a confidential survey of the parents of a team.
- A review board comprised of the OBX Storm Board and the Discipline & Appeals Coordinator will be formed.
-The review board will consider the information available and make recommendations. Witnesses may be called by, or presented to, the review board.
- All parties involved will be notified of the decision of the review board.
E. OBX Storm Budget
a. The OBX Storm Soccer Program receives income primarily from registration/club fees. A principle objective of the OBX Storm is to provide a quality program for as little a fee as possible.
b. OBX Storm Soccer Program may receive income from the sale of excess equipment, OBX Storm merchandise (t-shirts, hats)
c. The OBX Storm Soccer Program may receive income from special projects, sponsorships and donations.
d. The OBX Storm Soccer Program may also require special assessments per team or player as determined by need and budget.
a. Expenses pertaining to potential tournaments and projected equipment needs, should be presented to the OBX Storm Board prior to the season (Fall, Spring) beginning. A copy of the proposed expenses will be provided to the OBX Storm Board.
b. All expenditures incurred, paid, or reimbursed in the name of OBX Storm Soccer Team will require the approval in advance, by one OBX Storm Board member and the OBX Storm Treasurer.
c. All checks written from the OBX Storm checkbook will require the signature of two, authorized OBX Storm Board members.
3. OBX Storm Soccer Reimbursement Policy
a. The expenditures /reimbursement must be approved in advance by one OBX Storm Board member and the OBX Storm Treasurer.
b. All requests for reimbursement must be submitted with 60 days of the time the expense is incurred.
c. The receipt must be 1) readable, 2) indicate the amount expended, 3) be from the vendor, 4) show the date of the expenditure, and 5) state the reason for the expenditure. d. Reimbursements will be routed through the OBX Storm Board to the OBX Storm Treasurer.
F. Fund Raising
There are three types of revenues included in Fund Raising: sponsorships, donations and special projects. The OBX Storm Board must be advised of and approve any and all fund raising activities proposed by coaches/players/parents/associates before the fund raising activity takes place. The OBX Storm Fund Development Director will be made aware of these activities in a timely fashion.
a. Sponsorships - A sponsorship is a provision of funds or equipment in expectation of some Public acknowledgement for that sponsorship. These may be solicited for the benefit of the entire OBX Storm Soccer Program. All funds or gifts will be submitted to the OBX Storm Treasurer.
b. Donations – Donations are gifts of money for equipment for which the donor is claiming a deductible contribution and for which no Public acknowledgement is expected. They may be accepted from groups or individuals and will be presented to the OBX Storm Board or to an individual team as designated by the donor. Donations, contributions, bequests, legacies, equipment transfers or gifts for which the donor expects to take a charitable contribution deduction should be submitted to the OBX Storm Treasurer. The OBX Storm Treasurer will immediately release donations for the benefit of an individual OBX Storm Soccer team to the team.
c. Special Projects - Special projects are all other fund raising activities. Income from special projects conducted by the OBX Storm Soccer Program must be reflected in the financial statement of the OBX Storm Soccer Program. Earned funds are to be deposited with the OBX Storm Treasurer. The OBX Storm Soccer Program or an individual team, will submit a letter to the OBX Storm Board of Directors, containing the nature of the fund raising and the intended use of the proceeds. All special projects must be approved, prior to its commencement, by the OBX Storm Board. The OBX Storm Fund Development Director will ensure that the activity is appropriate and will not jeopardize the good name of OBX Storm and is not in direct conflict with any previously approved fund raising activity.
G. OBX Storm Refund Policy No refund will be provided after registering a Player. Request for exceptions will be reviewed and approved by the OBX Storm Board. If it is decided to give a refund, a Program Administrative Fee of no less than $25 will be deducted from the registration fee.
The OBX Storm, through NCYSA, shall cover all Directors and committee members of the OBX Storm against personal liability claims for performing acts and duties directly related to matters of the OBX Storm Soccer Club.
All OBX Storm volunteer staff and coaching personnel should be aware that there is no medical insurance coverage available through the Soccer Program. Check with your personal insurance company for coverage. However, all officers, directors, referees, coaches, employees, and official team members are covered under a general liability coverage. All players are registered through NCYSA and as such are covered by the insurance provided by the association.
B. Liability and Conduct Form, and Authorization for Emergency Treatment Form
When registering a player, parents are required to complete and sign a liability and conduct form, and an authorization for emergency treatment form. The OBX Storm Board will make these forms available.
The purpose of these forms is to briefly explain NCYSA and the OBX Storm Soccer Program policies as they pertain to players’ safety, parent and player conduct, and liability, and authorize emergency medical treatment. This is a protection for the players, parents, coaches and the OBX Storm Soccer staff members.
While the OBX Storm Soccer Program continues to stress safety for our players, there is always the possibility for an injury. Therefore, we are asking that the subject forms be completed and signed. This permits the coaches to immediately take an injured player for emergency medical treatment.
If a parent does not wish to complete and sign the forms, then he or she must be present at all practices and games so he/she will be available to take his/her player for emergency treatment in case of injury.
Failure to either sign the forms or be present at the practices and games will cause the coach to not practice or play the player.
1. The OBX Storm Board of Directors must approve the uniforms of the OBX Storm Soccer teams. 2. Sets of OBX Storm Soccer uniforms must be: a. Carolina Blue, Navy and White/silver combinations b. Must display a logo representative and approved by and the OBX Storm Board of Directors. . 3. OBX Storm Academy team uniforms must be: a. approved by the board b. must display a logo representative and approved by the OBX Storm Board of Directors. (AGM adoptend Jan 2017) 4. Uniforms and equipment may have approved commercial advertisements displayed on them (AGM adopted March 10, 2015). 5. Commercial advertisements and corporate sponsorships can be put on practice jerseys, warmup suits and other approved apparel and equipment (AGM adopted December 4, 2012). 6. The uniform worn by each participant not only designates the team, but also represents the OBX Storm Soccer Program. As such, participants, coaches and parents expect that the uniform be worn with pride and respect.
XV. Grievances, Protests and Complaints
A Grievance may originate with any individual having an interest in the OBX Storm Soccer Program and should be submitted to and resolved by the OBX Storm Board. Importantly, grievances deal only with OBX Storm Soccer Program policy, procedures and rules. The grievance process is not to be used to contest match results.
Unruly or Problem Players If a player is unruly or a problem for a coach and he/she will not respond to the coach’s request to behave, the coach can keep the player from practicing or playing in a game. Coaches taking such actions must inform the OBX Storm Board and the player’s parents before taking the action, or when not possible, then within 24 hours of taking this action.
XVI. Other Provisions and Amendments
1) Couples cannot serve on the board or as an appointed club officer simultaneously. This amendment is recommended as an internal control to help prevent the possibility of fraud and/or conflicts of interest. (AGM adopted December 4, 2012)